Monday, October 18, 2010

The Joys of a Consumer

My boyfriend’s 21st birthday celebration was in a few hours, so I knew I needed to get some preparations figured out. I went to Party City to buy him some unique shot glasses for the night, as well as some other decorations. I found what I thought to be a really awesome shot glass that had a button on the bottom that made it light up and flash different colors. To get the flash button, you have to remove part of the bottom of the glass to press it. It seemed pretty stable, so I purchased it thinking my boyfriend would have fun taking legal shots out of it that night.


After my trip to the store, I went home to get ready for the party. I showered and began to get ready. I had previously purchased this new mascara called Colossal, which has collagen in it that is supposed to make your eyelashes look twice as thick and long. I squint my eyes to apply mascara, so I am able to apply it to every lash. After applying it in this method, I realized I couldn’t stop squinting, and my eyes wouldn’t open. The mascara and collagen was so heavy on my eyes that I couldn’t open them. To fix, my problem, I had to wash my face all over again and reapply my makeup, but without the fancy mascara from before. After that mishap, I finished getting ready and started the drive to my boyfriend’s house.


On the drive over, I was playing music in my car to get me pumped up for the fun night out. I was listening to my Hyundai’s sound system quite loudly, but I figured it wouldn’t be a problem. Unfortunately I was wrong. The speakers started making strange noises and eventually blew out into to silence. I was pretty upset that my system broke, but I arrived to my boyfriend’s house nevertheless excited. I knew he would love this shot glass present, and that we would have a great night.



Once arriving to his house, we began the party and I gave him his brand new, flashing shot glass. He took a few shots out of it with no problems. On the fourth shot however, the bottom compartment with the button for flashing fell out mid-shot, and the alcohol spilled all over him. He pretended it wasn’t a big deal, even though I’m sure he was annoyed, but he continued on. Subsequently, him and his friends went out to a bar to celebrate. At one point, the guys went outside to have a Marlboro cigarette. As soon as they lit up and ashed the cigarette, the pieces of ash (Aka Fire), fell onto his alcohol drenched shirt and lit in on fire! Luckily, he was able to get the shirt off before any serious damage occurred, but he spent the rest night in the ER to mend to his wounds. Thanks, consumer products for a night full of unfortunate mishaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment