Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 3 Blog Reviews

Jessika Chee
8/31

I really liked your whole idea that thinking and our thoughts can only consist of what we already know. Your idea about inanimate objects was unique and interesting as well. You used good examples to back up your argument, such as the example about a blind person. However, some things you said were a bit repetitive, so I would perhaps try some new word choice. Also, there was one comma error in the first sentence, but other than that I thought you had some good ideas in this post! 

9/2

Some of the things you wrote were a little repetitive, so I would cut out some of those sentences that you said more than once. Also, your last sentence that stated, “then again, I also think if people really want to create human intelligence, they should just go have a kid,” contradicts your argument. You shouldn’t put in a completely different idea at the end of a paper, so I suggest taking that sentence out. I think you made a good point about how a robot or a calculator being programmed and following a set of rules makes them smart. You justified your argument well and I think your calculator example really added to it.

Armando Teran Jr.
8/31

I liked that you said an idea is subjective. I thought that was a good point. I liked your definition of an idea and the examples you provided. You had strong examples. I’m glad you clarified that you believe thoughts come from your conscious mind. I am wondering, however, what are dreams then? Are those not thoughts/ideas formed when you are not fully conscious? Overall, this was a very interesting post.

9/2

I like how you said you wouldn’t rely solely on a machine, but that you would use it as an aid. I think that is a good idea. A format suggestion for you is that when you are internally citing something, put the author’s last name and the page number, but don’t write “pg”. So it should look like (Minsky 117). Your last paragraph seems a bit disorganized, so I would rewrite that. I do agree and like your idea that machines can never replace humans because humans though. 

Jordan Fluegel
8/31

I liked that you said an idea is a vague word because I agree and think it depends on what a particular individual believes an idea is. I also liked how you wrote, “an idea forms from a trigger that causes you to create it”. I thought that was an interesting idea. I would take out the sentence where you say you keep repeating yourself J. Other than that, you had some very good ideas in this post.

9/2

I liked that you provided the title to the article you read within your post. However, I would suggest reading over your posts, because you had some typos in this one. I thought you provided an interesting example about the benefits of being a small insect. I do think the example dragged on a little. It did show that there are benefits to being small though.

No comments:

Post a Comment